During his report to City Council on January 2nd, Service Director Chuck Bennett took time to thank the city employees for their work in completing several drainage issues which have plagued the city for a number of years.
“Early in 2012 I asked Council for $10,000 of permanent improvement funds to complete these projects throughout the city,” Bennett said. “Thanks to the hard work and knowledge of our employees, I am able to report the completion of these projects at a cost of just under the amount I requested.”
Bennett went on to list the following project completions:
- Collapsed drain on Washington & Grant
- Border Lane collapsed drain and wall issue
- Creek wall erosion along Bruney’s alley
- Drainage wall at top of West Vine & Willetta
- Collapsed junction at N 8th, N 9th, and Delia
- Collapsed creek wall and street erosion on Hickory
- Spring Water drainage issue on Hughes Ave
- Water runoff and icing issue on N 11th
Bennett ended his report by stating that a similar funding request will be made in the near future to complete more of these types of projects.